Thursday, May 30, 2013

Macros update & June Goals!

Happy Thursday!
I can’t believe that it’s already Thursday, that long holiday really throws me off. I feel like I’m still trying to get back in the groove. This was one of the first weekends where we didn’t have too many plans and it was so nice. We caught up on season 4 and 5 of True Blood, and went to see the Hangover 3 movie.  Hangover 3 was hilarious, just as good as the first two. I got in some workouts, and we spent some time with family- I got to squeeze my niece, so those are the only new photos I have! Now I am back to work and dreading it.


Macros Updates:
I have been on my macros plan for 12 days now, and I haven’t cheated at all. It’s been getting easier as time goes on the cravings wear off. Yesterday morning, I got up at 4 am to make it to the gym. Strangely, it wasn't THAT bad. I took some C4 for caffeine and busted through arms and cardio. I don't think I'll keep up with the 4 am wake-up time but I'd like to accomplish that 2 days per week. 
 Since I didn’t do an update/weigh in last week, I’m going to do a mini one today. I feel like I’ve really been putting in major work at the gym and hitting those weights hard, so it’s a little discouraging that I haven’t seen a major change yet. Being the impatient person that I am, these things don’t go well for me but I’m trying to work on it. That being said, last weigh in was this morning and I lost 5 lbs. I’m hoping for another loss equal at least this week. I will say that I’ve noticed big improvements at the gym, I’ve been able to increase weight easier and I’ve been recovering faster. I have stuck to working out 6 times a week, and hopefully muscle gains are the reason my weight isn’t flying off. If you’re interested in finding out more about the macros meal plan, email Ashley. For now, I’m just keeping my head in the game and continuing to eat clean. My next weigh in is Wednesday! Eek! I’ll be sure to do a post on how it goes.

I've also written up a list of my goals for the month of June! I got this idea from a fellow Grit Girl and I think it's a great way to get your head clear and have an idea of what you want to accomplish.

June Goals:
-No Cheats (I have one planned for the hubs birthday July 13th)
-Lift and Cardio 5 X/week
-Hit Macros DAILY
-Two 4 am workouts/week
-NO alcohol
What are your June goals?
I hope you all had a fabulous holiday weekend!!
 
How are your workouts going? Any good new workout songs? Fun holiday plans?


7 comments:

  1. I love True Blood! Can't wait for season 6 to start. Congrats on the 5lb loss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either! I don't have cable though so I'll probably be waiting until next year for season 6 :[[[[

      Delete
  2. I am starting my macro plan from Ashley on June 10th! If I can pick your brain what has been the hardest part for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Monica! Of course, I'll try to answer quickly on here but you can email me if you want more information too! I would say the hardest parts are the same as with most lifestyle changes, I have trouble fitting in gym time and balancing every thing else. I am also bad about cravings and love foods high in fat. I don't have a record of how much fat I was eating before but I know i've significantly decreased that amount. This plan also requires you to plan ahead which is good and bad haha you have to really stay on top of it. I'd say the learning curve of calculating macros is the hardest part overall though. Once you get past the first week it gets easier and becomes a routine!The girls are a great support system too, we have a facebook group where we help eahc other find foods and answer questions!

      Delete
  3. I am curious about this whole macro thing... enlighten me?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Marcy! The macro plan is just basically a "diet" where you eat clean but you eat a certain number of grams of protein,carbs, and fat. It depends on your body size/height/goals and everything what the exact amounts are,I think the biggest change for me has been realizing how much fat I was eating in places I didn't realize. The idea in general really makes you aware of what's in the food your eating, things I always thought were healthy end up having tons of carbs or fat and I had no idea! Oh and another awesome thing, your not starving! I want to really tone up and so with lifting and cardio I end up eating upwards of 1400 cals a day. The hard part is just doing the math and learning to read what's in all the food!

      Delete
  4. Contact Dr Gbojie if you want to get your Husband, Wife, Boyfriend and Girlfriend back now and regain your happiness and also for lottery winning spell

    Hi i am from USA I have just experience the wonders of Dr. gbojie love spell, that have been spread on the internet and worldwide, How he marvelously helped people all over the world to restored back their marriage life and get back lost lovers, and also help to win lottery. I contacted him after going through so many testimonies from different people how he help to bring back ex lover back, i told him about my husband that abandoned me about 8 months ago, and left home with all i had.. Dr GBOJIE only told me to smile and have a rest of mind he will handle all in just 24 hours, After the second day my husband called me, i was just so shocked, i pick the call and couldn't believe my ears, he was really begging me to forgive him and making promises on phone.. He came back home and also got me a new car just for him to proof his love for me. i was so happy and called Dr Gbojie and thanked him, he only told me to share the good news all over the world .. Well if you need an effective and real spell caster contact Dr gbojie Via email: GBOJIESPIRITUALTEMPLE@gmail.com or Call or WhatsApp: +2349066410185.or check out his website :http://gbojiespiritualtemple.website2.me

    ReplyDelete